Salad salsa is a very versatile dish. It can be had as a
refreshing salad, or you can serve with nachos or chips. This could be a light meal in itself. Fruits and vegetables medley make a great combo in this salsa. All ways kids would
surely relish this. I had peaches, mangoes, avocado, capsicum, cheddar cheese. All
I needed is to buy some corn to make a perfect salad.
I never expected by tossing all this burst of colours and
flavours , I would end up mixing one of the most delicious salads.
I kept the dressing very simple. I made a classic French dressing.
I so wanted to squeeze in a lemon as I have a feeling that it is the fresh
flavour of the lemon that makes the salad more refreshing. I went ahead with
only the dressing I made, and to my surprise I liked this taste as well.
Jalapenos gave the right spiciness the salad needed the
cheese and the avocado balanced the other flavours. On the whole this was more
like a meal to me!! I had a big bowl of this salsa salad for my lunch.
Ingredients:
Ingredients:
Mango, I used neelam - 1 no.
Peaches – 5 no’s
Avocado – 1 no
Capsicum – 1 no
Onion – 1 no
Cherry tomatoes – around 10no
Corn – 1 cup
Jalapenos – 2 tbsp
Olives – 1 tbsp
Cheddar cheese – half cup chopped
Coriander leaves
For the dressing
Apple cider vinegar – 1 tbsp
Mustard sauce – ¼ tsp
Olive oil – 4 tbsp
Salt – to taste
Pepper – to taste
Wash peel and chop mango and avocado. Chop the peaches with
or without the skin. I like to peel it. Deseed and chop capsicum. Chop onions. Steam
corn if you are using fresh corn. If you are using ready to eat filter the
water and use. Half and quarter cherry tomatoes. Chop jalapenos and cheese.
Toss together corn, tomatoes, capsicum, cheese, onion,
jalapenos, olives and peaches. Gently fold in the mango and avocado.
For the dressing combine apple cider vinegar and mustard
sauce. Whisk in the olive oil until you get a creamy consistency. Season with salt
and pepper to taste.
Now add the dressing and gently toss to coat evenly. Add
chopped coriander to give the salad salsa a beautiful colour and a refreshing
flavour.
As I type this post, I see my younger son cleaning his bowl. He is a picky eater but can live on fruits. To him this is a feast. Happy children, happy mom. Do try this for your little ones.
To make the food more interactive for kids, you can serve
with Nachos or chips.

Check out the Blogging Marathon page for the other Blogging Marathoners doing this BM

No comments:
Post a Comment